Monsanto

THE RABBIT HOLE FORUM - SHARE IDEAS & NEWS.

Moderators: Bhsun, Floyd Anderson, Hellwege, Rob, briancolarusso

Monsanto

Postby Mordae » Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 am

Back in my late teens (a couple of decades ago now), I used to play the “Shadowrun” RPG, a cyberpunk genre game where mega-corporations ran the world, dictating to the governments how they would rule.

Now I look at Monsanto, seeing the same game played, but more blatantly, and without fear of being exposed in it’s mechanisms. (Not sure if this makes it a conspiracy or just that the fluoride is doing its job correctly).

Although there was the global “March against Monsanto” activity on May 25th, there doesn’t appear to have been any journalistic investigations into any of the questions that it may have raised (at least that I have seen), if anything; several of the news articles I’ve read seem to be bemused that such a generous corporation is so despised.
(This is predominately for me to keep track of my research, but feel free to chip in :D )
None so far have asked about:
Donations (re pay-offs) to at least 71 men and women in Congress

The post-employment density of former Monsanto employees in the Obama Administration (and earlier Administrations) and other Government departments.

Scientific evidence that GM modified corn causes liver cancer in lab rats

Why a Supreme Court Judge that was a former Monsanto employee didn’t think it a relevant reason to sequester himself from a trial against Monsanto (No surprises who won that case really).

Why Monsanto feel it necessary to hire “Xu” formerly known as Blackwater to provide security to their sites.

Why Monsanto are so desperate to avoid having to put product labeling on their products.

Why the only person doing research on the effects of Roundup on bee colonies had his test hive confiscated by the state and destroyed before the trial (pretty sure that destroying states evidence is a felony, regardless of weather or not the state does it)

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I’ll come up with more as I can.
Common Sense: So rare it's officially a super power.
Mordae

Re: Monsanto

Postby Rob » Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 pm

This is real conspiracy. A great starting point for showing the links between shadowy and evil groups. I'll make it the subject of my first Rabbit Hole blog post. Thanks!
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Mordae » Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 am

Cheers Rob :)

This link gives a fairly good summary of the Monsanto's activities over the last couple of years...and raises a couple of questions about it's sudden love affair with DuPont, who have gone from suing each other to sharing biotech information in the space of a year :?
http://grist.org/food/monsanto-flirts-with-disaster-owns-the-world-anyway/

This is a link to the full length version of the Documentry "The World According to Monsanto"
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-world-according-to-monsanto/
There’s nothing they are leaving untouched: the mustard, the okra, the bringe oil, the rice, the cauliflower. Once they have established the norm: that seed can be owned as their property, royalties can be collected. We will depend on them for every seed we grow of every crop we grow. If they control seed, they control food, they know it – it’s strategic. It’s more powerful than bombs. It’s more powerful than guns. This is the best way to control the populations of the world. The story starts in the White House, where Monsanto often got its way by exerting disproportionate influence over policymakers via the “revolving door”. One example is Michael Taylor, who worked for Monsanto as an attorney before being appointed as deputy commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1991. While at the FDA, the authority that deals with all US food approvals, Taylor made crucial decisions that led to the approval of GE foods and crops. Then he returned to Monsanto, becoming the company’s vice president for public policy.
Thanks to these intimate links between Monsanto and government agencies, the US adopted GE foods and crops without proper testing, without consumer labeling and in spite of serious questions hanging over their safety. Not coincidentally, Monsanto supplies 90 percent of the GE seeds used by the US market. Monsanto’s long arm stretched so far that, in the early nineties, the US Food and Drugs Agency even ignored warnings of their own scientists, who were cautioning that GE crops could cause negative health effects. Other tactics the company uses to stifle concerns about their products include misleading advertising, bribery and concealing scientific evidence.

A fairly old site, but with a great deal of information on Monsanto from the Nineties:
http://members.aye.net/~hippie/monsan2.htm

Time article on the bloke who runs Monsanto:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,760723,00.html
Mordae

Postby Mordae » Fri May 31, 2013 5:02 am

Rob wrote:This is real conspiracy. A great starting point for showing the links between shadowy and evil groups. I'll make it the subject of my first Rabbit Hole blog post. Thanks!

What I'm finding interesting atm is the frequency in which articles like this are showing up...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-187832/EU-countries-banned-GM-free.html#ixzz2Ur3EHeEq
Nations and regions which want to stay free of genetically-modified crops will be banned from doing so under a devastating ruling by EU scientists.
The decision, the first from the new European Food Safety Authority, means governments will be unable to stop the controversial plants being grown on their soil - effectively opening the floodgates.

...especially when Monsanto declares it won't be spending any more money to advertise it's seeds in the EU a couple of weeks beforehand, after losing a court case in France.

It's anyones guess as to whether or not the deciding factor was the anti-biotic resistant E. Coli outbreak in Europe a couple of years ago that was "traced" back to organic seeds grown in England. Thing is, the easiest way to genetically enginner new traits in a plant is to modify a virus/bacteria (which is usually E. Coli, as they are designed to penetrate a cell) and to keep track of varients, they add an anti-biotic resistance (a genetic "marker'). If GM plants cross-pollinate, there is a very good chance you can end up with plants that carry multiple anti-biotic resistances (especially if said plant is a major component of animal feed).

What's that, there's a sudden emergence of antibiotic diseases throughout the developed world? :shock:

The interaction between Monsanto and the US Government is fairly well-known, between other government's...not so much. However it also appears to tie in to some of the other conspiracies concerning Agenda 21, the Codex Alimentarius and probably a couple of others.
Mordae

Postby dividedsky » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:33 am

They control the media, otherwise we would have seen all the protests happening
dividedsky

Postby farmer_dude48 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:45 pm

How do you know if you have GMO plants or seeds?

Would the seeds not produce ?

If they did produce would it be fit to eat ?

We bought alot of our plants at the local Farmers Market and alot of the folks will tell you its Heirloom to get you to buy what they have.
The more you know / The less you need
farmer_dude48

Postby cml-2012 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:19 pm

This is interesting.

GMO Cocoa Targeted for West Africa.

Intent on flooding Africa with GMO, the USDA, IBM, and Mars are working on a genetically modified cocoa tree. Link is from Farm Wars.

http://farmwars.info/?p=4111
cml-2012

Postby cml-2012 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:34 pm

farmer dude,

Always a good idea to buy heirloom seeds from a reputable company. Seeds of Change and Seed Savers are good choices. Look online and Google certified organic/heirloom companies. I'll look and see what I can find for you.

If you want to exchange or ask for free seeds, then you'll need to join a group that has the seeds. There are hundreds of forums that offer heirloom seeds.

A good way to spot a GMO seed/plant is if you save the seed and plant it next year, it won't be the same as the parent plant. It will be sterile and stunted. Only heirloom seeds produce a "true" seed from generation to generation.

In order to make the claim of "heirloom" the seed must come from generations dating back at least 45 years. So, you might want to ask before you buy. Oh, I know people will sell anything and call it "heirloom."

I'll check with Dave's Garden forum and other forums and post some information for you.

If you have any questions, ask. I am certified master gardener, master herbalist and instructor of horticulture.

I'll be back later with some links.
cml-2012

Postby cml-2012 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:53 pm

farmer dude,

Here are three companies. Not only do they sell heirloom seeds, their websites are full of information. You can find out a lot of things you didn't know.

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

http://www.rareseeds.com/

Seed Savers Exchange

http://www.seedsavers.org/

Southern Exposure Seed Exchange

http://www.southernexposure.com/

Toll free numbers, and people will be happy to assist you.
cml-2012

Postby farmer_dude48 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:31 pm

CML Thanks for the websites and the offer to help.

I will be looking into ordering seeds for next spring and maybe some extra to barter with.
I will let you know how things go.
The more you know / The less you need
farmer_dude48

Next

Return to THE FORUM